POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another photon mapping test scene... : Re: Another photon mapping test scene... Server Time
4 Oct 2024 13:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another photon mapping test scene...
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 21 Mar 1999 16:22:07
Message: <36F562A1.73E6E9AF@Kopp.com>
This is really cool!  I want to point out that, though a spotlight is used,
the photon-tracing part treats it like a point light (so photons can light
up stuff outside of the cone of the spot light... that part of the code
isn't finished quite yet).

About the reflective caustics from the spheres... remember that the light
gets spread out (I can't think of an antonym for focused) very much, so
it really shouldn't be very bright (I like what you have here... it is
visible yet subtle).

-Nathan